Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sarah Babich - Painting through the Pain



Our featured artist today is 17 year old Sarah Babich of Missouri. Sarah is fairly new to the artistic world, having only begun painting a few years ago. Shortly after she started doing abstract paintings she joined deviantART.com, "I'd say it definitely influenced me a lot," she says. "I draw inspiration from everything I see...a lot of times I don't know what I'm painting until halfway through." Using acrylic paints, her fingers, and a pallet knife, Sarah has already created many pieces that portray great emotion. She wishes to progress as an artist and work on differing styles, realism especially.
" I have fibromyalgia and I use art as an outlet to distract me from my pain. I try to make paintings that seem happy, so maybe they can make people feel better when they look at them."



If you wanna take a look at a great up-and-coming painter stop by at:
http://cheep.deviantart.com/

1 comments:

Erin Lamoreux said...

Inspiring story! I like the compositions and the colors. As I get more and more into speedpainting, I have a further respect for abstract artists. I appreciate Sarah's variety in textures and forms. well done!